The University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) invites applications for the Joanne and Raymond Welsh Chair of Child Welfare and Family Violence, a tenured, full-professor appointment to begin July 1, 2023.
SP2 seeks a visionary researcher and educator who will advance the core values of social innovation, impact, and justice, central to the mission of the School and the University. The faculty selected as the Welsh Chair will have a distinguished portfolio of research and teaching, and leadership. The ideal candidate would have:
- A record of significant scholarly accomplishments with national and international recognition within the broad arena of child and family welfare and wellbeing.
- A career history of excellence in teaching, mentorship, and service appropriate to an appointment at the rank of full professor.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their scholarship, teaching, and service.
The successful candidate will join the Field Center for Children’s Policy, Practice & Research as a faculty director, and work collaboratively to advance its mission. The candidate will be expected to teach in SP2’s master’s and doctoral programs, as well as to provide leadership in promoting research collaboration with faculty within the School, the University, and with relevant agencies and institutions locally, nationally, and internationally.
- PhD in Social Work or a related field
- Academic accomplishments appropriate for tenured appointment at the rank of full professor at the University of Pennsylvania
- Established program of path-breaking research with a progressive track record of external (ideally federal) funding
- A strong record of successful management and leadership of funded research projects
Please submit the following materials through our online application system at http://apply.interfolio.com/110926.
- Cover letter
- Research statement that includes current activities and future plans
- Teaching statement that includes identification of SP2 courses of interest
- DEI statement
- Three samples of scholarly writing
- Contact information for three references
Formal review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please contact Dr. Yoosun Park (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.